Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Number of Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours, 8:30 - 5:00 or 8:00 - 4:30
Location: Schenectady, NY
Timeframe Job Available: June, July, August
Provides direct support to Appeals management related to the interpretation of and requirements needed to meet new and/or changing regulatory requirements as released. Documents new and existing processes, work flow management and outcomes-based evaluation as pertaining to compliance needs and outcomes. Utilizes creative thinking when implementing or identifying process improvement opportunities related to compliance-related improvement activities. Executes and maintains oversight of compliance projects and programs for assigned delegated entity(s). Provides direction, implementation support and oversight for new and current departmental Policies and Procedures as assigned. Performs other duties as assigned. Some travel required
Pursuing an Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare in health management, administration, or related field.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and verbal with excellent telephone manner.
• Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information. Good judgment skills and initiative.
• Ability to work independently and as a team, and prioritize multiple assignments with attention to detail and deadlines and possess a strong sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments as well as strong analytical and technical skills.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations.
• Ability to interact and effectively communicate with persons at all levels within and outside of MVP Health Care both in person and via telephone.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel (Intermediate to advanced).
• Strong skills in critical thinking, interpersonal interactions (e.g., conflict resolution, consulting, mentoring).
• Ability to promote innovative thinking, identifies and pursues process improvement, and ensures a structured approach to all aspects of project delivery.